Virtuoso App is a driver for Altazimutal and Equatorial Mounts from SkyWatcher, made by Armazém do Telescópio, specially designed to work with SkySafari. it can connect to the telescope directly by appropriate Wifi, Bluetooth and USB serial Devices. It is also possible to control the app throught a computer using The Stellarium Control Protocol. Optimized to run in tablets with screens of 7'' or more, altought it also runs in lower screens models.
- Connection with the telescope: Wifi, USB Serial or Bluetooth(Only direct connect)
- Integrated Control Panel
- 2-Star alignment
- Control throught SkySafari(Tablet or smartphone) and Stellarium(Requires external computer)
- Automatic track
- Track rates: Sidereal, lunar, solar, king and custom
- Park function
How to use it:
In Virtuoso app:
- Choose connection type(Bluetooth, Wifi or USB) by tapping over "Waiting for connection"
- Choose the device you want to connect by tapping over it, or in case of a Wifi-RS232 device, insert the IP/Port of the device and tap in "Accept Changes". In case of the driver starts to complain about I/O errors, check if the telescope and the device are properly powered on and try again.
- Choose the mount if the driver don't detected it automatically
- Choose the mount type(Altazimutal ou Equatorial)
- You're ready to go
- Go to Settings > Telescope > Setup
- In Equipment Seection session, Select "SkyWatcher Synscan"
- In Mount Type session, choose Alt-Az goto, Equatorial Goto (Fork) or Equatorial Goto (German), according to the type you choose for you mount.
- In Communication Settings, choose "Connect via Wifi" and insert "IP Address": 127.0.0.1 and "Port Number": 4030
- Go back to the main screen of the app
- Tap in Telescope, then Connect
- You're ready to go!
- Equatorial movements in strict mode, including mount flip when passes the meridian limit
- Orion Merlin/Telestrack support
- Many bug fixes
- Two experimental features: backlash and Point Alignment Enhancement(PAE)
- Many thanks to Charles Linn, Cathy & Tex for the bug reports and testing(Sorry for the long absence)