Visit Paris by Metro is the official application of the RATP. Fully translated into English, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Japanese, it is intended for use by anyone who wishes to effortlessly explore Paris by Metro. In Paris and in Ile de France, the RATP operates Metro, rail, tramway and bus services.
Free of charge, the Visit Paris by Metro application provides access to a wide range of services for carefree travel around Paris and for discovering the most attractive locations in the capital: the Eiffel Tower, the Musée du Louvre, the Sacré-Cœur, the Château de Versailles or even Disneyland® Paris. Most of the functionalities are accessible even when you are offline, so that you can enjoy exploring the city without using up your mobile Internet allowance!
No more folding, unfolding and deciphering maps: start discovering Paris from your telephone:
- Geolocate your position so that you can find nearby cultural sites.
- Calculate your itineraries for travelling around Paris by Metro.
- Access practical information about the main tourist locations.
- View route maps of the Metro, RER and tramway lines.
- Display the streets of Paris with a map which is accessible even without an Internet connection.
No network when you are in the Metro or you don't want to activate the service while travelling abroad? The Visit Paris by Metro application also operates in offline mode:
- Calculate your itineraries from and to the Metro stations and the listed tourist locations.
- Check railway routes in offline mode.
- Download - free of charge - the map of Paris (20 MB) before you leave and mark where you are on the map of Paris without using up your mobile Internet allowance. Geolocate your position and mark on the map the nearby tourist locations.
- Complete information about the tourist locations, about the Metro in Paris as well as the transfer to railway stations and airports is available in offline mode.
Travel without stress, let Visit Paris by Metro be your guide throughout your journey around the French capital:
- Find out about the various types of ticket issued by the RATP and, using the simulator, choose the most suitable ticket for your journey.
- With ease, you can plan your transfers between Paris railway stations and airports using the information provided: maps and itineraries, interconnecting transport services (including Roissybus, Orlybus and Orlyval), timetables, fares, etc.
- Read advice and operating instructions to find your way around the Metro, together with useful numbers.
- "Excuse me, where is the Metro?", "I want to buy a ticket to…". Find useful phrases translated into English, German, ltalian, Spanish, Dutch and Japanese.
The following tourist locations are described in the application:
Notre-Dame de Paris, the Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre, the Musée du Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, the Centre Pompidou, the Musée d'Orsay, the Cité des sciences et de l'Industrie, the Chapelle de la médaille miraculeuse, the Muséum national d'histoire naturelle, the Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, the Arc de Triomphe, the Hôtel National des Invalides - Musée de l'Armée, the Musée du Quai Branly, the Musée d'Art moderne de la Ville de Paris, the Musée Grévin, the Sainte-Chapelle, the Tour Montparnasse, the Musée Rodin, the Panthéon, the Conciergerie, the Musée de l'Orangerie, Disneyland® Paris, the Domaine de Versailles, Champs sur Marne, Espace Dali, the Château de Fontainebleau and many more.
Comments, suggestions? Feel free to share your opinion of the application or your ideas for the next update by submitting comments and by voting for it on the store.
- New section "Travelling at night" added
- 27 Points of Interest added