VLC Streamer lets you sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your Android.
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer (Mac or PC) over your wifi to your Android.
You can watch anything from your movie collection.
No need for complex conversion processes.
No need to manually transfer movies to your device.
The free version is ad-supported - we hope you'll like it enough to get the full one.
* Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
* Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
* Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
* Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above
* Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. (Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM).
VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local wifi network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
-update for new device id policies
-Various bugs squashed including an issue where landscape mode wasn't locking for the movie player.
-Do email us (through the settings tab) if you have any issues.
- New feature - VLC Streamer will now try to detect audio and subtitle tracks, and let you select the track you want when you add a movie from your Android.
- Various tweaks and bugfixes.