VLC Streamer lets you sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your Android.
VLC Streamer streams movies from your computer (Mac or PC) over your wifi to your Android.
You can watch anything from your movie collection.
No need for complex conversion processes.
No need to manually transfer movies to your device.
* Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
* Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing
(assumes a reasonably powered computer)
* Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
* Supports Mac OS 10.5 intel and above
* Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. (Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM).
VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local wifi network, and the free helper app has to run on your Mac or PC.
-Resubmitted using screenshots from the Open Source Big Buck Bunny to resolve issue identified by Google.
-You can now install VLC Streamer to your SD card
-Improvements in background downloading
-Major rebuild of the playback and the UI
-This should look better and fix a lot of bugs
-It is a big change, so there may be some minor issues. Please give us feedback at http://hobbyistsoftware.com/Forum