VoicePilot - is an innovative solution from Mera Labs company. It allows to transform your favorite Android gadgets (smartphones and tablet PCs) into flexible and easy-to-use remote controls for home multimedia devices, including Smart TV boxes.
VoicePilot main features:
- Use the touchscreen of your smartphone as a touch pad (or mouse) to navigate through user interface of your networked Smart TV box;
- Use native keyboard of your smartphone for text input into Smart TV box when it is necessary, for example to search your favorite videos on Youtube or while web surfing in web browser;
- You can also use voice input into your Smart TV box from your smartphone as a more simple and handy alternative to keyboard input;
- VoicePilot enables networked Smart TV boxes and smartphones to automatically discover each other within the home network, that makes application usage very easy.
VoicePilot solution consists of two parts – terminal application for Android smartphones – VoicePilot Terminal and client application for Smart TV boxes – VoicePilot Client. This application is a client part of VoicePilot, it is intended for installation into Android based Smart TV boxes. After installation and initial configuration VoicePilot Client enabes your networked Smart TV box to become controllable by smartphones.
1. Connect Android Smart TV box to your home network (over Wi-Fi or by Ethernet cable, depending on the device model);
2. Install VoicePilot Client application into Smart TV box from Google Play;
3. Go to “Settings” “Language and Keyboard”. In this section find the list of available keyboards and choose “VoicePilot Keyboard”. Since this moment Smart TV box is ready to receive information from your smartphone (instead of its native keyboard);
4. Set the selected “VoicePilot Keyboard” as a default keyboard for device, by the following way:
4.1. Using the native remote control device click any text field in any application (for instance, in web browser). As a result you can see native Android keyboard on the screen;
4.2. In this keyboard using the native remote control press the “left mouse button” on the input text field and hold it for 1-2 seconds, as a result context menu appears on the screen;
4.3. In the context menu select item “Input method”;
4.4. From the proposed list of input methods select “VoicePilot Keyboard”
Since this moment initial configuration is finished and your Smart TV box is ready to work with smartphones.
Iconbit Toucan W (recommended);
Iconbit Toucan Nano;
Iconbit Toucan Nano Plus;