Tired of picking up the phone from your pocket just to skip the track?
VolumeNext Free maps volume up/down hardware buttons to "next/previous track"
only if the screen is off (or in keyguard mode).
VolumeNext Free works with many third-party music player apps because it uses the Android standard channel to communicate with those apps.
In other words, we can do almost nothing for apps that do not support the standard method.
See the paid edition, "VolumeNext" app for additional functions:
- three mapping modes: vol+/-(do-nothing-mode), next/prev, next/pause
- select mapping mode individually in screen-off mode and keyguard mode. Vol+/- in screen-off mode and next/prev in keyguard is recommended for usual cases.
- select when to enable mapping: headset is plugged, or not, or both.
Unofficially supported devices:
- Xperia GX
- Xperia SX
- HTC Evo 3D
Unofficially supported players:
- Google Play Music
- Amazon Cloud Player
- Poweramp (check Settings > Headset > Respond To Headset Buttons)
- HTC Music App
volume, key, mapping, music, playback control, track, next, previous, pause, screen off, keyguard, lock screen, in pocket, shuffle, skip
- add (unofficially) Amazon Cloud Player support
- improved current music player detection method