This app turns your Android device into a wake-up light. Just set the alarm and leave your device by your bed.
Your light will start about 20 minutes before wake-up time at minimum brightness and then slowly increase towards your wake-up time. When your alarm rings you will wake up smooth and naturally.
This app will also play sounds from the nature, which increases in volume in sync with screen brightness. This helps you wake up even more easily!
New: You can now choose what color the wake-up light should be!
NOTE: This app works best when used on devices with large, bright displays. Tablets are perfect! I've tested the app myself with the Samsung Galaxy 10.1, Nexus 7 and other tablets and it works great!
Several new features are planned, stay tuned!
You can configure how long before your alarm rings the light should start. A good value here is about 20-30 minutes.
Connect your device to a charger to avoid draining the battery.
Please send me an e-mail if this app does not work on your device or if you got a suggestion for an improvement.
Note: It's not recommended to use custom screen locker apps together with this app, as they may conflict with each other.
- Many bugfixes for recent Android-versions. Thanks for all the feedback :)
- Fix for missing possiblity to test the light when the device was in landscape-mode. Thank you Tim for reporting this issue!
- Updated for Android 4.4
- You can now select which weekdays the light should be enabled
- Fixed issue where the light would not be enabled after a reboot on some devices
- Added a button that makes it possible to test the light directly