'Personal Sunrise' is a dawn simulator for Android devices. It helps to wake up more easily in the morning, as your body prepares for wakeup due to the increasing light of the display.
Wikipedia says "Dawn simulation is a technique originally developed to help treat seasonal affective disorder, but can be used as a soundless alarm clock to wake up the body naturally. Typically, the treatment involves timing lights in the bedroom to come on gradually, over a period of 30 minutes to 2 hours, before awakening.". WakeLight offers you several configuration options for the light simulation (sequence length, brightness curve, min/max brightness) and the sound (alarm sound, snooze timing and sound) in combination with the comfort of periodic alarm templates (with single-alarm removal), and of course single-alarm times. See the pictures. This app is very handy when you're travelling: take your dawn simulation with you!
It is designed for tablets of at least 7 inches, but I have enough positive feedback of users with even smaller devices to be able to state it can be good to try with such a small device.It depends on the light sensitivity, of course, and the environment brightness - but you will be astonished as it works subconcious. Just try, I think you will not regret it.
For sure a unique feature, although irrelevant for 99% of users (just for fun): 'Personal Sunrise' is presumed to be the only alarm clock that can set its alarm time relative to the sunrise time of the current location. ;)
- alarm tone can be internal tones, ringtones, external music and music stream from the internet
- alarm templates for repetition as well as singular alarms
- disable or change alarm time even of a singular alarm of a template
- brightness, duration and sounds configurable, some sounds contained in the package
- optional display of weather forecast and sunrise/set times (using the WakeLight plugin downloadable from the shop)
- clean and easy-to-use user interface
- optional a clock display with automatic brightness control that gets brighter when touched
- external apps can set alarms using the standard intent, for example Google Now "wake me up at 6:30".
A few words concerning privacy: 'Personal Sunrise' does not collect any data and does neither use nor require a network! If you install the plugin, this app can receive an (optionally) chosen radio stream, and (optionally) the weather forecast. The only data that is sent by my app is your location (latitude/longitude) if required for the weather forecast - you can even manually enter them and fake the last one or two decimals of the data if you like.
- Docking: added time span to watch for docking actions; and fixed that actions did not work reliably - needs to be re-set by the user
- Feedback and Rating entries in 'Settings'
- Fixed crash on 'App & Plugin' settings page for Kindle, and reduced sensitivity (please re-set the value using the test facility if needed)