Let's fight vehicle thieves!
After installing and running this application you will need a WatchDog Alarm System Client application (Usually installed on another phone) to operate it. You can get the client from Google store at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abware.watchdog_client
This agent application along with the client application, constitute an advanced vehicle mobile alarm system.
What can WatchDog alarm system do?
1. Lock your vehicle and send alert when someone moves or shakes it
2. Locate your vehicle's current location - and show it on a map
3. Track your vehicle - show your vehicle's location on a map continually
4. Navigate - using "Waze" or any other navigation application installed
5. Spy - Try to get information about the thief
How to make it work in 1 minute
1. Get an old smart phone running android 2.3 or higher
2. Install and run a watchdog agent (this) software on it
3. On your day to day smart phone (running android 3.1 or later), install & run Watchdog Client application
4. When the watchdog Client runs for the first time, type the watchdog agent phone number. this will trigger a connection process. wait until it finishes and the dialog closes.
That's it. The system is up & running.
* if you don't have 2 phones, you can check the system's functionality by installing both the agent & client software on the same device. Later on when you get the other phone, install only the agent application on it and re-connect the client to the new phone
For a comprehensive starter guide download: http://www.watchdog.org.il/WatchDog_gettingStarted_en.pdf
Sep 02 2013
New - configurable "Cat" detection feature to prevent false alarms
More efficient status message
Better battery consumption
Aug 24 2013
Switched to SMS communication by default
July 01 2013
- bug fixes
- fix bug in handling first GPS location change
- improved SMS fallback mechanism