Way2ride

Way2ride


With the Way2ride taxi app now available in New York City and Philadelphia, there’s no more fumbling for your wallet to pay at the end of the ride. Just scan a credit card, set your tip preference, and you’re ready to ride.

Whether you hail with your hand, or hail with the app, all it takes is a single tap. All your receipts are saved in the Way2ride app and online, with a map of your route, tags, and other tools for submitting expenses.

Left something in the cab? No problem. Just tap a button to tell us what it is, and we’ll put you in touch with the taxi.

You asked, and we’ve listened! Way2ride is now available in all 19,000 New York City taxis both yellow and green. If you are in a taxi with a RideLinQ code on the screen just press "I’M IN A TAXI”, tap “CODE" in the top right of the check-in screen, and enter in the 7 digit RideLinQ code.

In addition we have changed the tip settings so you can now enter in a dollar amount, and also enabled the ability to skip automatic check-in.

Last but not least we’ve made it even easier for you to retrieve your lost items by automating lost and found within the app.

Please keep your feedback coming!

Recent changes:
Bug fixes
Add to list
Free
69
3.5
User ratings
158
Installs
10,000+
Concerns
2
File size
9362 kb
Screenshots
Screenshot of Way2ride Screenshot of Way2ride Screenshot of Way2ride
About Way2ride
With the Way2ride taxi app now available in New York City and Philadelphia, there’s no more fumbling for your wallet to pay at the end of the ride. Just scan a credit card, set your tip preference, and you’re ready to ride.

Whether you hail with your hand, or hail with the app, all it takes is a single tap. All your receipts are saved in the Way2ride app and online, with a map of your route, tags, and other tools for submitting expenses.

Left something in the cab? No problem. Just tap a button to tell us what it is, and we’ll put you in touch with the taxi.

You asked, and we’ve listened! Way2ride is now available in all 19,000 New York City taxis both yellow and green. If you are in a taxi with a RideLinQ code on the screen just press "I’M IN A TAXI”, tap “CODE" in the top right of the check-in screen, and enter in the 7 digit RideLinQ code.

In addition we have changed the tip settings so you can now enter in a dollar amount, and also enabled the ability to skip automatic check-in.

Last but not least we’ve made it even easier for you to retrieve your lost items by automating lost and found within the app.

Please keep your feedback coming!

Recent changes:
Bug fixes

User reviews of Way2ride
Write the first review for this app!
Android Market Comments
A Google User
Dec 28, 2014
I like this app a lot, though most of the time I have to manually type in the code. The biggest problem is taxi drivers who don't know about it and think you're trying to leave the cab without paying.
A Google User
Dec 23, 2014
Rarely works While the idea is great, the performance is terrible. At least twice a week, I can use it because it "updates" itself while I'm in the cab and doesn't launch until after the trip is done. Then, only actually works properly 20% of the time, the other 80% the screen times out and I have to enter the code manually. Ridelinq MUCH MUCH more reliable, though this app has WAY more potential
A Google User
Dec 2, 2014
Changing my review thanks to the update - the app now works perfectly and has made my cab rides so much more efficient, a godsend when I am late for a train and rushing.
A Google User
Nov 29, 2014
Replaced by RideLinQ in NYC No NYC cabs have this anymore, its all RideLinQ.
A Google User
Nov 9, 2014
Haven't been able to get this to work in a single Philly cab. Whether I hold the phone up or type the code in doesn't matter, I get the message that the check-in code is invalid. Cool idea, I'd love to be able to use it someday.