Waze is one of the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation apps. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic info to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route, and find the lowest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, Waze makes it easy to keep up with friends and contacts on the go. Say goodbye to pesky texts and calls (“leaving now,” “Stuck in traffic,” Almost there!”) and let Waze do the work for you.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add contacts as friends on Waze
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- Send automatic updates on your location & ETA
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points to climb the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
- New & improved voice guidance
- See friends’ and contacts’ names when tapping a photo to share drive or send location
Major bug fixes:
- Freezes and crashes
- Tablets unable to upgrade (Wifi only devices)