This is the only app supported by the South African Weather Services (Met Office). We only cover South African cities**. With well over 1 million users, it has remained one of the top app downloads since its launch.
Customise the weather notices sent to your device, from storm warnings* and national alerts to weekly forecasts and even the best time of day* to cycle, jog, hit the beach, braai or even do your laundry. Track storms in real time as they cross the country. View cool features such as animated radar*, maps, graphs and detailed weather tables. We are the most accurate source of SA weather and offer more for FREE than any other weather app (for SA). Subscribers get some awesome extras not available anywhere else.
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES (not available anywhere else in SA)
• Notifications of storms before they hit your suburb*. This is a world-first and we are proud that it’s coming out of SA.
• See where storms are currently and where they'll be in 30 and 60 minutes*. This helps you plan, so you can start that braai early or get on with your golf.
• Radar animations for awesome insights around storm direction, intensity and growth.
• Maps of lightning strikes for the past 6 hours*. We have the most epic storms, so it’s really cool to see this stuff.
• Hail warning for your daily commute so you can- get ahead of that traffic or know when to get your car under cover*.
• Rain in the new incredibly useful World Met Office format: This gives you a % risk of any rain, % risk of moderate rain, and % risk of storm. The best part is that it’s for your very own suburb and split into four timeslots per day.
• Activity indices for many outdoor sports and activities, showing when it’s a good time of day to get out there or stay indoors - again for your suburb at 3 timeslots per day and 7 days ahead.
• Loads of animated maps with provincial zoom options*.
FREE NOTIFICATIONS (sent to your phone and can be turned off individually)
• National weather warnings per province such as heat waves, high seas and strong winds.
• Daily forecasts so you don't have to open the app.
• Weekly and weekend forecasts for if you forget to check the app.
• Breaking news such as tornado touchdowns and heat waves.
• Unusual weather notifications for tomorrow so you know to dress for that cold front, heat wave, wind or rain. You can also get up early and beat that fog.
FREE FEATURES (we offer these to make sure you don't need any other weather app)
• In-app storm popups up to 60-minutes in advance, including a list of the last 4 storms.
• Rate the storms in your suburb so we can tweak the settings over time.
• 7-day tables across 4 timeslots per day.
• Set your favourite suburbs and swipe between them.
• Covering 350 suburbs (unlike other weather companies, we never average between main SA towns then try to claim that we are covering your street).
• Loads of SA maps for today and tomorrow's weather, with zooms available*. We cover useful stuff like fog am/pm, and rain across am/pm/night.
• Sun & moonrise set for your town, which includes the moon phase.
Hourly & 7-day graphs covering rain, wind, temp, pressure and humidity (with more to come, so watch this space).
• Facebook, Twitter and email sharing of all maps and forecast so you can keep your network informed. We even allow for subscriber-only products to be shared with anyone.
If we've left out anything that you get in other weather apps for SA just tell us and we'll get onto it. We welcome suggestions, criticism, accuracy issues and praise never hurt anyone. Please use our in-app feedback form so that we can personally respond to your comments.
* Optional subscription required
Download the latest version of our weather app. We listened to your feedback and have integrated a new widget for your home screen. We have also improved our maps and added new storm tracking features for subscribers. This version currently only covers South African cities**.
You will also notice our name change to Africa Weather from WeatherSA. Due to our popularity we are expanding services and in order to support our growing base we have had to integrate advertising for non- subscribers.