The web on the big screen. Send web pages and image to your ChromeCast!
Simply type in a URL, give it a name and then tap to display it on your ChromeCast.
Great for digital signage, menus, presentations and dashboards.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ BELOW TO SEE IF THIS APP WILL WORK FOR YOU!
1. What can be displayed?
Generally anything you can display in a browser including HTML files and images such as .gif, .jpg and .png. NOTE: Some web pages are too complex for the built in ChromeCast web browser to handle.
2. Does it support HTTP and HTTPS ?
Yes it does.
3. Can it display items from a local, non-Internet server?
Yes it can. As long as the ChromeCast is on the same network as the server.
4. How can I display a file if I don't have a web server?
You can use Dropbox or Google Drive to host your files and add your share links to Web2Cast
5. Doesn't casting a tab in Chrome do the same thing as this app?
Sort of. However the Web2Cast display will be much crisper as it is not "streaming" a tab but actually displaying the web page in the ChromeCast browser. Additionally you can leave the display running without having to have Chrome running and casting.
6. Can I navigate a web page that is displayed by Web2Cast?
The app provides the ability to scroll the page up and down. Unfortunately the ChromeCast browser has its input disabled so links cannot be clicked on, there is no cursor and text cannot be entered.
7. Only my page background is displayed. What's wrong?
Some pages automatically center their content vertically, if this is the case your page's content may not be immediately visible on screen. Try press the "Center" button on the Remote screen to display your content.
- App now stops casting on disconnect. This can be toggled in settings.
- App now provides a "remote control" to scroll web pages