* V2.0 is released! 9 MAR 2014 *
As the note on 16 FEB 2014, pdfmyrul is no longer a sufficient service provider in terms of free features. I am now hosting my pdf generation server after spending some time on researching. As a benefit of it, all generated pdf will not have a bottom banner text!
* IMPORTANT: 16 FEB 2014. http://pdfmyurl.com/plans has updated to only allow licensed caller to add options to pdf generation. That means Web2PDF currently generate pdf other than default landscape and A4 sized no matter what options you supplied. I'm looking for other pdf generation service shortly. *
Web2PDF is the android way to use http://www.pdfmyurl.com/ for converting web pages to pdf files. It lets you convert a web page to pdf file by using the unique "share" feature of android platform. Unfortunately website needs to be login is not supported.
For Gingerbread or newer devices, system download manager will be used to download the pdf file.
Otherwise for older devices, once pdf conversion is completed, system browser will be opened to download the pdf. The saved file may be different across different devices. For example, using the stock browser with nexus one, the pdf file will be downloaded such as /sdcard/download/www.nytimes.com.pdf
Supported devices: 1.5+
Tags: pdf, pdfmyurl, app2sd
v2.1 (10 MAR 2014)
* Fix crash on gingerbread devices when clicking convert action button
* Fix crash on honeycomb devices when calling download manager to download pdf
v2.0 (9 MAR 2014)
* No longer use PDFMyURL.com as pdf conversion service, I am hosting one now :)
* Completely rewrite from scratch
* Name generated pdf file (finally)
* Use system Download Manager to download pdf