Westpac Mobile Banking for Android gives you the convenience and flexibility to manage your banking on the go. Using your Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 or Note 3, you can now tap and pay for everyday purchases. Just download the latest version of the App, and the Pay icon will appear, then follow the prompts. A Pay widget is also available.
• Check account balances and transactions
• Schedule and manage payments
• Transfer money between accounts or Pay Anyone
• Schedule and pay bills with BPAY ®
• Locate your nearest ATM, branch or banker in Australia or one of our Global Alliance Partners’ ATMs when overseas
• Reset your password instantly with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• View and save eStatements
• Landscape view
Mobile Banking gives you the same great security features as Online Banking. Our Security Guarantee, Westpac Protect™ SMS Code and SecurID® tokens protect you on your mobile.
Tap & Pay
• Use your Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 or Note 3 to tap and pay for everyday purchases.
• You need to have a compatible version of the firmware installed for tap and pay. To check that you have the most up-to-date software installed on your phone, tap Settings> About device >Update software.
- For Galaxy S5, the supported firmware (build number) is G900IDVU1ANE1.
- For Samsung Note 3, the minimum supported Android version is 4.4.
• If you have difficulty downloading your cards, turning your device off and then back on again may resolve any downloading issues. If not, call us on 1300 651 089.
• While many other Android handsets have Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality, they lack the required security hardware (Embedded Secure Element) to keep your payment details safe. When the manufacturers add the security hardware for NFC payments to handsets such as Google Nexus 5, Westpac will then add its Pay functionality to these devices in Australia.
Additional features include:
• Open a savings or transaction account within 60 seconds
• Tools and calculators (loan borrowing and repayment calculators)
• Travel checklist and currency converter
• Global ATM locator - ideal for when travelling overseas. Save on ATM fees by using Westpac's ATM Global Alliance locator to find the nearest Barclays, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, Bank of America or ScotiaBank ATM and more.
Business customers can also:
• Approve payments
• Pay staff and creditors faster with payment templates
Or call technical support on: 1300 655 505
Please contact your handset manufacturer for further information on when they plan to launch a handset with an EMV chip to keep your payment details safe.
Things you should know:
1. This service is only available for Westpac Australia customers. Westpac New Zealand customers should visit https://sec.westpac.co.nz/mobile
2. Internet connection is required to use Westpac Mobile Banking. Normal data charges apply.
3. The research and share trading service is only available to Westpac Online Investing customers. To apply, visit westpac.com.au/OnlineInvesting and please read the Financial Services Guide ("FSG").
Online investing through Westpac Securities Limited ABN 39 087 924 221 AFSL 233723 is a service provided by Australian Investment Exchange Ltd ABN 71 076 515 930 AFSL 241400 ("the Participant"), a Participant of the ASX Group.
4. Westpac's security guarantee is subject to the observance of Westpac's Internet Banking Terms and Conditions, including maintaining the security of your access codes, passwords and SecurID tokens. Westpac recommends that you always adhere to manufacturers’ software and support to ensure your computers and mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates available from the manufacturer.
5. Optimised for Android version 2.3.3 and above on Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3, HTC One, HTC One X, Nexus 4
- Minor Fixes