Chief Meteorologist Tom Terry and WFTV Channel 9’s team of certified meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9 have produced the most accurate local weather technology available, “The WFTV Weather App.”
The 24/7 app for WFTV viewers and News 96.5 listeners is constantly updated with the latest Central Florida-area storm and forecast information. The free service even includes live coverage of Eyewitness News and the WFTV meteorologists in Severe Weather Center 9.
By using the app’s built-in interactive radar, you can zoom down to your neighborhood or zoom out to check radar anywhere in the country.
Location-based Storm Alerts will signal three tones to direct you to the latest severe weather warnings, and you can watch WFTV Eyewitness News live on the app.
WFTV’s Weather app also keeps you in touch by using social media, including Facebook, Twitter and interactive uploads of your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
This Weather app focuses on complete Central Florida Weather Coverage.
**** SUMMARY of FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Audio forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for 6 of the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Additional items added seasonally
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for $4.99. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
The Channel 9 Severe Weather Team app completely redesigned!
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 100 weather alerts types
- New map layers for the interactive radar
- See which Channel 9 Weather Team meteorologist wrote your local forecast
- A new location switcher in the app header allows you to quickly and easily cycle through all your save locations
- A new video center gives you quick access to multiple live streams and other timely weather coverage from Channel 9.