Where’s My Family is a locator application for your family members. If your family is not answering your calls or you just want to locate them without interrupting their current activities, simply select the family member you want to locate and wait for a notification that you have received their current location.
- Protects Your Privacy: Only direct SMS messages are used for communication. Your location and contact information does not go to an external server for storage and tracking.
- Conserves Battery Power: Your location is not continuously tracked. Location services are only active when your location has been requested.
- Extra Location Information Available: Tap the family member's icon on the map view to open the Google Maps application for directions to that location or information about the surrounding area.
- Granular Privacy Control: Location requests can be ignored for specific family members.
How it works:
1. When you want to locate a family member, an SMS message is sent to the Where’s My Family background service on that family member’s Android cell phone.
2. Upon receiving a Where’s My Family SMS message, the Where’s My Family background service will try for up to ten minutes to determine the Android device’s location.
3. An SMS reply message will be sent back to you with their location or informing you they could not locate themselves.
Added support for "+" and other non-numeric characters in phone numbers.
Added ability to increase contact photo/picture icon size by 300% in support of high resolution devices.