Where R U? is an app that allows friends and family to find out where you are. All they need to do is send you an SMS asking "Where R U?" and your phone will automatically respond with a Google Maps link showing your current location.
How does it work?
When someone sends you a message with the trigger, your phone will attempt to get your current location and simply send it back. Initially the app will try and get your location within a 100m radius, but if it can't get this before the request times out, it will send what it has. If there is no location found after the timeout, the app will reply with your last known location and the time that you were there.
Only want certain people to access your location?? Set up a whitelist that tells the app to only respond to certain contacts, or use a blacklist to block individual contacts.
* Customisable SMS trigger to suit you (including case sensitivity)
* Automatically reply with a Google Maps link of your current location
* Use a blacklist/whitelist to choose who can and cannot request your location
* See the last 10 locations and who they were sent to
* Stealth SMS. Don't clog up your inbox with app related messages
* Does your phone have trouble getting its location? Adjust the location timeout to suit
* Geocode your location (automatically sends your current city)
* Complete Stealth Mode. Hide the application icon completely. Recover it with the Unhider
Why does this app require certain permissions:
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Required to get network and GPS location
RECEIVE_SMS / READ_SMS: To allow the app to read incomming SMS messages
SEND_SMS / WRITE_SMS: For sending the response
INTERNET: For using goog.le and geocoding
READ_CONTACTS: To allow for blacklist/whitelisting
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To allow the app to start when the phone does
v1.1: Added ability to remove the launcher icon. To get it back, use the Unhider