Wickr Public Beta:
What does “public beta" mean?
It means we need your help in discovering bugs within the app. Please report any issues via the “About” screen “Contact Us" with the device type and operating system version.
Thank you in advance for helping improve the app experience.
The Internet is forever. Your private communications don´t need to be.
Leave No Trace by sending self-destructing messages for free to other Wickr users anywhere in the world.
Send and receive text, photos, videos and voice messages that are:
- CONTROLLED - sender decides who sees what, where and for how long
- SECURE - military-grade encryption (AES256,ECDH521,RSA4096 TLS), we do not have the keys
- PRIVATE - not shared with strangers, deletes metadata (location, time, identification and edits)
- ANONYMOUS - we require no personal info from you, we collect nothing about you or what you do
- SHREDDED - Secure File Shredder forensically erases unwanted files you deleted from your device
- COMPLIANT - FIPS 140-2, HIPAA, exceeds NSA Suite B Compliancy (Compliance for Top Secret communication)
- TRUSTED - featured in BusinessWeek, CNET, Economist, Forbes, MacWorld and New York Times
- EASY - takes less than a minute to get started, easier than email
- FREE - save money on texting
- CROSS PLATFORM: Message with Android and iDevice users (iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4, 5, iPAD, iPAD2, iPAD3 and newer devices)
Wickr was founded in San Francisco, California by a team of security and privacy experts that believe private communications is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Today, that right is almost nonexistent.
Wickr flips messaging on its head, giving control to the sender instead of the receiver (or servers in between).
Wickr is becoming the most trusted communication system in the world by giving power to the people.
Wickr uses AES256 to protect data and ECDH521 for the key exchange. RSA4096 is also used as a backup and for legacy app versions. Wickr also uses SHA256 for hashing and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Encryption keys are used only once then destroyed by the sender’s phone.
Each message is encrypted with its own unique key and no two users can have the same AES256 or ECDH521 keys ever. Our servers do not have the decryption keys, only the intended recipient(s) on the intended devices can decrypt the messages.
Wickr deletes all metadata from its communications and its Secure File Shredder cleans the RAM after each message or picture is open.
We cannot prevent someone using a camera to take a picture of a message on a screen.
We have made this app with the best available technology, but there is no magic pill for betrayal. Therefore, we strongly encourage you only to send private messages to people you trust.
To get further detail about how the app works, please visit the App link on our website at https://www.mywickr.com.
Feedback and reviews are much appreciated: [email protected]
Encrypted IM, Secure SMS, Secure MMS, Secure Voicemail, Secure Video Mail, Forensic Delete, Forensic Wipe, Self-Destructing, Anonymous, Secure BYOD, Cross-platform messaging, free international sms, free text, free audio messaging, free video messaging, free walkie-talkie, compliant sms, android, iphone, no international charges, WIFI, 3G, 4G, NSA surveillance proof, HIPAA, FIPS140-2, NSA Suite B, personal, business, friends, doctors, lawyers, schools, corporation, military, government, ephemeral communication, secure family, no hidden charges, free, block list, white list, spam free, ad free, social networking, secure social network, private social network, world post office
April 7, 2014 - (2.0.3 Beta)
Better network retry
March 31, 2014 - (2.0.2 Beta)
Nexus 7 Compatible
Friendly User Interface
Automatically find your friends securely (without ratting them out)
Send Invites to multiple friends
Customized Avatars, Names and Group Names
Camera fixes (flash added)
Performance and optimization fixes
Feb 26, 2014 - (188.8.131.52 BETA):