NOTE: WiFiACE MAY NOT WORK WITH ANDROID 4.0+ DEVICES AS I DO NOT HAVE A COMPATIBLE DEVICE TO TEST ON.
THIS IS A KNOWN BUG.
(to be honest: on some devices it works, on some it doesn't. If it doesn't work you can send me a mail, but I can't guarantee I'll fix it)
I accept hardware and money donations, as soon as I will be able to buy a compatible device (or I receive it as a donation) it will be fixed.
WiFiACE is a very simple tool that allows you to edit the advanced parameters of the configured wireless networks.
It allows you to:
- Set WPA Enterprise and Personal parameters, like wpa_supplicant allows you to
- Set SSID (aka ESSID): Allow to connect automatically, but only to specific AP (or AP network).
- Set BSSID to disable roaming within an extended AP network, and connect only to specific AP.
(note: There is no need to specify a BSSID if there is only one AP in the network)
- Set the WEP key index
- Free and Open Source Software
- Enabled Google TV support in manifest
- Corrected Description to clarify some options -- thanks Brian Flanagan ;)