Have you ever lost your internet connection despite the Wi-Fi being connected? Sometimes all you have to do is toggle Wi-Fi on/off to restore your connection.
This app will periodically access a server and if it fails, the app will automatically toggle Wi-Fi on/off.
When the service starts, the app will periodically ping (the default setting is every 15 minutes) a default gateway server and check for a response. If the ping fails three times, it will toggle Wi-Fi on/off. Even when the screen is off, the app will check for a connection. However, if the device is not connected to Wi-Fi to begin with or there are no Wi-Fi connections it will not check the connection.
If you turn the screen on and enable the connection checking function, this service will reside in the memory. When this is off, it will not reside in memory. The app will start when called by the system alarm only for checking the connection.
- Fixed bug which crashes by processing of a database.
- Fixed bug where the service wouldn't automatically start on OS boot for Android 4.0+ devices.
- Android 2.1+ is now required for installation.
- Refreshed UI to conform to Android 4.0.
- Pause periodic connection checks when the device is not connected to Wi-Fi.