Welcome to the Wikipedia Beta for Android! We’re excited to offer a major update to the Wikipedia Android app for beta testing before our full market release.
What’s new in this app:
* A major design update (we went native!)
* Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
* Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
* Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
* Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for participating mobile operators (Wikipedia as always is of course freely licensed)
* Search any language Wikipedia
* Bookmark pages
* Random article
* Recent browsing history
You can install Wikipedia Beta alongside your current version of Wikipedia for Android, so you can test our new features before they go live for all Wikipedia for Android users. Your feedback will help us fix bugs and decide what features to focus on next.
Please help us improve this app by leaving feedback here or sending a note to our mailing list, [email protected]
By using this app, you agree to the automatic transmission of crash reports to a third-party service provider. If you would like to disable this feature, please press "Settings", then toggle off "Send crash reports" under the Privacy section.
* Added share-a-fact support for Android Marshmallow devices.
* Show cached or saved version of an article, if possible, when a network connection is unavailable.
* Images saved to external storage are saved to a Wikipedia Images folder.
* Fixed top crashes occurring during app launch.
* Added donation link to navigation drawer.
* Fixed occasional flickering on some devices.
* A couple minor UI and UX tweaks.