* Let Wikipedia text to speech read aloud
* Replaces default Wikipedia app
* Image zoom feature
* Multi language
* Optimized for Tablets
* Get Pro version for OFFLINE MODE!
Play Wikipedia articles with Text to Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Listen to any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. Wiki Lecturer helps the busy individual learn on the go. It's also a great default Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets on top of its audio features! Want to learn about many different topics? Use the Play Queue feature to store your future listening list!
Note: We do not control the quality of the Text to Speech engine since that is usually built directly into Android. If you don't like the quality of the voice you might want to try another TTS engine like SVOX or IVONA. They are both awesome TTS engines.
You can reach us at [email protected]
with any questions or comments you may have.
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
2) Auto-scroll when changing sections using Table of Contents
3) Facebook Sharing
4) Create your own custom Play Queues (Note: automatically moving to the next article is a Pro Feature only; but you can store articles in the queue)!
5) Drag-Drop reordering of your play queue
6) Long click links to add to play queue
7) Click images to zoom into full size image (WITH TWO FINGER ZOOM SUPPORT)
8) Change language and tone/accent
9) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
10) Search autocompletion
11) Remembers your search history
12) Changeable font sizes
13) Auto-scroll when changing sections (next/prev skipping as well)
The Pro version supports playing in the background, randomizing article play queues, skipping sections or articles, and more! Using Wiki Lecturer Pro you can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections and (ie 'References') links that you don't want to listen to. Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
Pro version features:
1) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
2) Offline Mode!
3) Audio Widget!
4) Automatically play related articles from 'See Also' section (see Disclaimer below for details)
5) Automatic queue randomizing supported
6) Change speech rate
7) Change speech pitch
8) Skip to a section using the Table of Contents
9) Identify links and sections to ignore
10) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
We have tested these languages (email us if your language doesn't work and need support added):
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3.
- NEW! Ability to control speech speed
- new menu system
- Fixed Facebook login bug
- Added Facebook sharing
-Added Audio Widget to Pro version
-Added font size setting
-Fixed article reloading on every launch
-Added image viewing window (with 2 finger zoom support)
-Long clicking on wiki links now adds them to the play queue
-Added play queue reordering capabilities