* OFFLINE MODE!
* Let Wikipedia Text to Speech TTS read articles aloud
* Replaces default Wikipedia app
* Image zoom feature
* Tablet support
* Multi language
Play Wikipedia articles with Text to Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Also automatically play all related articles on any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. Wiki Lecturer helps the busy individual learn on the go. Want to learn about multiple topics? You can use the new Play Queue feature!
Playing in the background while you're driving, randomizing article play queues, skipping articles, building your own Play Queues, reading in virtually every language your phone supports; it's all supported as well as being a great Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets! You can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections (ie 'References') and links that you don't want to listen to.
Any language with Text to Speech (TTS) voice data should work with Wiki Lecturer; for instance selecting German will make Wiki Lecturer search for German wiki articles and also read them to you in German). Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
NOTE: If you have any issues, before rating, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
so that we may address your concerns.
IMPORTANT: We do not speak every language on Earth. The app was designed in English and the rest are Google translations.
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
2) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
3) Facebook Sharing
4) Audio Widget!
5) Automatically play related articles from 'See Also' section (see Disclaimer below for details)
6) Create your own custom Play Queues!
7) Drag-Drop reordering of your play queue
8) Long click links to add to play queue
9) Click images to zoom into full size image (WITH TWO FINGER ZOOM SUPPORT)
10) Play order randomizing supported
11) Auto-scroll when changing sections
12) Change speech rate
13) Change speech pitch
14) Change language and tone/accent
15) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
16) Skip to a section using the Table of Contents
17) Identify links and sections to ignore
18) Search autocompletion
19) Remembers your search history
20) Changeable font sizes
21) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
Automatic article queuing is only supported in these languages (email us if you need support added):
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3.
- new menu system
- Offline mode!
-Fixed Facebook login bug
-Added Facebook sharing
-Added Audio Widget to Pro version
-Added font size setting
-Fixed article reloading on every launch
-Added image viewer (with 2 finger zoom)
-Long clicking links now adds them to the article queue
-Added play queue reordering capabilities