WikiExplorer: the best Reader for Wikipedia available on Google Play!
WikiExplorer is the best Wikipedia reader for Android devices, it presents Wikipedia articles in a clean and elegant native user interface and it's fully packed with LOTS of neat features.
It is a FREE encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia with more than 30 million articles in 285 languages. This is the most comprehensive encyclopedia available on the internet and mobile!Features:
• Explore Wikipedia like never before; using a beautiful interface
• Sync your whole library for offline use
• Discover new articles using Wikigrid (Visual map of articles)
• Listen to articles using TTS (Text to speech)
• Organize your articles in reading lists
• View browsing history: you can find the latest articles you have read
• Automatic night mode
• Resume reading where you left off
• System integration, automatically open Wikipedia links
• View nearby articles on a map, using your device's GPS
• Search Wikipedia for articles,
• Support for integration with Google device search
• Support for almost all Wikipedia languages
• Share your favorite wikipedia articles with your friends!
• Full-screen mode / Immersive mode on KitKat devices
• Source code highlighting
• Android 5.0 Lollipop support
• Print articles
• Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
• "Search on page"
• Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
• Share Wikipedia articles directly from your Wiki app!
• Mobile/Desktop mode
• Set Text Size
• Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to SD / Reading list
• And more to come
WikiExplorer is frequently updated with new features, and we're taking requests too (more info below)Disclaimer:
This app is free, but ad supported, in-app purchases are available, no personal information is collected.
WikiExplorer is not in any way affiliated with Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation.If you have any issues with the app, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL :) at [email protected] and we'll do our best to help you out.We donate a part of our profit to the Wikimedia Foundation and encourage all our users to do the same.
Icon by: Miloš Mirković
Spanish translation: Rui Sarandeses [email protected]
More on Wikipedia from Wikipedia (source: Wikipedia.com):
Wikipedia is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project supported by the Wikimedia Foundation and based on a model of openly editable content. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links designed to guide the user to related pages with additional information.
Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles, except in limited cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or, if they choose to, with their real identity.
The fundamental principles by which Wikipedia operates are the five pillars. The Wikipedia community has developed many policies and guidelines to improve the encyclopedia; however, it is not a formal requirement to be familiar with them before contributing.
Founded in 2001, Wikipedia has grown rapidly into one of the largest reference websites, attracting 470 million unique visitors monthly as of February 2012. There are more than 76,000 active contributors working on more than 31,000,000 articles in 285 languages. Every day, hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world collectively make tens of thousands of edits and create thousands of new articles to augment the knowledge held by the Wikipedia encyclopedia. (See the statistics page for more information.
- Android 5.0 Support
- Material theme
- English dictionary word lookup
- Bug fixes