Local Weather for Australians
WillyWeather is a feature rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.If you're having any issues, please send an email to [email protected]
WillyWeather delivers the most accurate local weather data from best in class weather providers including the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM). Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
- Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, hourly temperature forecasts and detailed weather descriptions.
- Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with Google Maps.
- National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with Google Maps.
- The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
- An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
- Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• Moon Phases
- Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
- Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
- Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
- Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• Real time
observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, rain since 9am, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BoM Warnings
- Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.Features
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using Google Maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provide more control and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, temperature and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
Improvements to Rainfall forecast
Please email [email protected]
if you have any issues.