Share your contacts, links, images and files with your friends by using your phone's speaker and microphone.
Wimbeep (previously Artoo) communicates by transmitting sound via the speaker of your phone. The sound is decoded into data at the receiving nearby phone.
No configurations nor preliminary configuration is required - just run the application on both sides and start sending and receiving.
Easy, convenient, innovative and free.
PC Browser Integration - Users of the Firefox web browser may use the Wimbeep Firefox Extension for sending links, phone numbers and text from their PC browser to any mobile phone running Wimbeep. Get the extension at http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wimbeep-firefox-extension/ .
New - share your media and general purpose files via Wimbeep (Bluetooth Required).
Once started the application is always in listening state waiting for incoming data transmissions. To send data press the SEND button and select a data item to send:
* Personal contact information - Send your own contact information. Set your personal contact information by pressing the SETTINGS menu item.
* Contact Information - Send contact information from your contacts list.
* Link - Send a link from your browser bookmarks list.
* Image - Send an image from your gallery.
* Music - Send a music file from your collection.
* File - Send a file from your device's storage.
In case the receiving side failed to receive the message for some reason, press the RESEND button in order to re-send the last data item.
1. Communication range is up to 8 meters.
2. Retransmission may be required in noisy areas. Click the RESEND button for repeating the last transmission.
3. Make sure the speaker and microphone volume is high enough.
4. Contact information fields may be trimmed in order to make sure encoded data fits in a transmission frame. Text messages are size limited for the same reason. In both cases the limit depends on text characters used.
5. Links (URLs) that are too long to fit in a single transmission frame may be shortened first using Google's URL shortening web service. This requires a network connection.
6. Bluetooth is required for large volume content exchange (multimedia and files).
Comments and feedback: [email protected]
Version 1.2.4: Properly transmits data when phone is muted.
Version 1.2.3: Fixed a crash in Android 2.2 when sending contact information, Application can now be installed on external storage
Version 1.2.2: Support for devices which support microphone sampling rates higher than 22050 (tablets)
Version 1.2.1: File sharing over Bluetooth, Removed text message transmission option
Version 1.0.1: Better visual appearance, Link (URL) sharing, Application is always in Listening mode while active