Wind check performs a number of aviation calculations or checks for the Boeing 737 prior to takeoff or landing.
Entry of four parameters by toggle-able buttons and the ground wind (and Vref for landings) will result in the calculation of:
- Approach speed for landing based on the FCTM procedures
- Head/Tail and Crosswind
There will also be colour coded messages to advise of:
- Crosswind limits and exceedances
- Tailwind limit exceedances
- Exceedance of door opening wind limits
- Rolling takeoff recommendation
- Approach speed is close to flap limit speed (and thus should a lower flap setting be used?)
An aircraft graphic shows relative wind direction.
The app currently has options for the 700 and 800 variants although this is only used to advise of approach speeds close to the selected flap limiting speed. The buffer applied for this caution is select-able by the user. Use the 800 option for the -800, -700IGW or -900 as these all have the same flap limiting speeds.
Based on user feedback I have removed all the zeros from the boxes on startup so you don't need to delete those now to input your data!
App will automatically launch the settings screen on first use to initialise all the preferences.
Typo in feedback e-mail address fixed