Simulate the 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw for your favorite team! You can either simulate all of the groups or just the group for a team you select. Also, you can view the most difficult possible group and the easiest possible group for a selected team.
The Final Draw to determine group assignments for the 2014 FIFA World Cup will take place in Bahia, Brazil on December 6, 2013, but until then, you can simulate the Final Draw with this app.
This draw simulator follows the official pot allocations and Final Draw Procedures that were announced on December 3, 2013. The basic draw procedure is to sequentially draw a random team out of each of four pots. When a team is drawn from its pot, it is placed into one of the eight groups, starting with Group A and ending with Group H. After a team is assigned to a group, its position in the group is randomly determined. The positions in the group determine who will play whom, when, and at which venue. This procedure holds with a few exceptions:
* At the beginning of the draw, one team is drawn from Pot 4 (containing a European team) and placed into Pot 2 to achieve an equal balance of eight teams in each pot
* Brazil (the Host), will be assigned to the first position in Group A
* The seeded teams in Pot 1 are assigned to the first position in each of their groups
* Geographical separation of teams must be maintained within the groups. This means that two teams from Europe may be in the same group, but no more than one team may be placed in a group from the other confederations.
The official pot allocations are:
* Pot 1 - Seeded Teams (7) + Host (1): Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Switzerland
* Pot 2 - Africa (5), South America (2): Algeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Chile, Ecuador
* Pot 3 – Asia (4), North and Central America & Caribbean (4): Australia, Iran, Japan, Korea Republic, Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, USA
* Pot 4 – Europe (9): Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia
* Added a tab with the actual final draw results