Tablet based app providing clear facts and figures about countries from sources like CIA WORLD FACTBOOK, World Bank, etc.. In addition it includes a.o. country specific weather map, latest info about earthquakes, sun/moon timing, currency conversion, calendar, "world clock" and a quiz to test your knowledge.
Most information can be viewed off-line and be updated for free when Internet access is available.
It provides educational facts and figures presented in text and nice charts. A handy application when traveling, doing research, education, etc.
The "World Info Pro"-application contains information and facts organized in specific categories to allow fast and easy access to country specific details. These categories are:
- MAPS: Providing an off-line available map of the country and a clear map of its location on this planet.An interactive map based on Google Map is available in case internet connection is available.
- FACTS: covering up-to-date information derived from the popular CIA World Fact Book, including the categories Introduction, Geography, People & Society, Government, Economy, Energy, International organization participation, Communications, Transportation, National Anthem, Military and Transnational issues. It also provides the possibility to compare 2 countries based on several key areas.
- DEMOGRAPHIC OVERVIEW, Population pyramid and age structure per country based on the U.S. Census Bureau.
- VIEWS: Includes annotated photos of most countries, an up-to-date view on the earth as seen from space, clearly showing day/night areas on earth, and a view of the moon.
- WEATHER: Up-to-date weather information presented on a map. Also the average temperature, relative humidity, precipitation throughout the year are shown in clear graphics. Sun and moon position in the capital city of each country, including rise & set timing is presented in an clear way.
- Internet ENCYCLOPEDIA: Direct references to the popular information sites of 'Wikipedia' and 'New World Encyclopedia' for each country, its capital, and its history.
- QUIZ: testing your knowledge about countries.
The countries available in the application are listed in sorted order, which can be based on one of the 60+ ranking criteria. The list of countries can be configured to show the flag of the country, or a clear day/night indication is shown based on the local time of the capital city.
Several utilities are included in the "World Info Pro"-application. These utilities can be used off-line.
The following utilities are included in the App:
- CURRENCY converter: The exchange rates of 150+ currencies are available, for easy conversion calculations. When Internet connection is available, the exchange rate of the last 5 days is shown.
- WEIGHT and MEASUREMENTS converter: The International System of Units (SI, or metric system) is not used in every country, making this utility a must have.
- City DISTANCE calculator: The shortest distance between the capital cities of two countries can be calculated. Included in the presented calculation results is also the exact local time and the time differences between the two cities.
- MOON CALENDAR: Per country, the exact dates and timing of the primary moon phases are shown.
- CALENDAR: Throughout the world, multiple calendar systems are in use. This utility provides easy conversion between different calendar systems, which includes a.o. the Greorgian, Julian, Coptic, Chinese, Islamic and other calenders systems. Besides that, several special dates (e.g. Chinese New Year, Easter Sunday, Valentines day, etc.) are shown for the years 1900..2099.
Most information presented in this application is available off-line and can be updated for free in an easy way when Internet connection is available.
For try-out, a free "WORLD INFO LITE"-application is available, showing all features for all available countries.
updated with latest 2013 info
included extra information fields