WQXR: Classical Music Radio from New York to the World
Download this NEW and IMPROVED classical music app from WQXR, the #1 classical radio station in the US and the #1 classical radio station app on iTunes. Unlike classical jukebox or algorithm apps, WQXR is hosted and curated by REAL PEOPLE with a RICH KNOWLEDGE of classical music. This app provides you with a personal gateway to discovering classical music from the world’s greatest composers and performers. Join listeners from New York City and around the world and hear WQXR’s unique perspective on classical music and live performance broadcasts that you can’t get anywhere else. WQXR is member-supported public radio, and part of the New York Public Radio family of stations that also includes WNYC.
NEW and IMPROVED App Features:
* FOUR separate live streams
- WQXR - #1 classical music radio station in the US
- Q2 Music - Contemporary classical, living composers
- Operavore – WQXR’s 24-hour opera stream
- The Jonathan Channel – Great American songs
* EASY ACCESS to real-time music playlist information
* ON DEMAND library of live recordings for download and streaming
* HD VIDEO of classical music performances and Interviews
* UPDATED alarm clock and NEW sleep timer
* On-air schedule
* Support WQXR – Easy-to-use pledge form
This app was developed by New York Public Radio.
Broadcasting from downtown Manhattan for 75 years, WQXR is uniquely positioned within the world of classical music and opera as a cultural institution of New York City. In addition to broadcasting the beloved classical canon, we bring you the Metropolitan Opera Radio Saturday Matinee Broadcasts, The Philharmonic This Week on Thursday evenings, and original programs and live broadcasts from Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center. This app also showcases WQXR Digital's original video series such as Café Concerts, performances from the Jerome L. Greene Performance Space and exclusive interviews with artists and conductors.
*Critical Update: Please update.*
If you enjoy this update, please take a minute to post a review. If you’re still having issues, tell us at wqxr.org/contact or hit the ‘feedback’ menu item in the app. Thank you for your support!
What we did in the past couple of months:
- Fixed stability issues lots of you were facing
- We fixed a few issues related to offline listening (when on the subway for instance)