A highly customizable Android app for Tabata/HIIT practitioners, fitness and sports fans to workout and do their exercises in a guided, automated and timed manner.
Currently, it relies in the concept of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) which allows looping around multiple exercises with fixed rest and workout/training times, like Tabata.
Tabata is a form of HIIT based on a study by Izumi Tabata. It initially consisted of one exercise carried out intensively during 20 seconds with 10 seconds of rest after it. This exercise was looped 8 times, giving a total of 4 minutes.
It provides the ability for users to define/plan their own (multiple) workouts/trainings by defining lists of exercises and custom timings.
Wrkout Pro is a featureful and supported version of Wrkout HIIT, an HIIT free app which you can test and see if you like, prior to purchasing Wrkout Pro.
Features already provided by Wrkout HIIT:
- HIIT timer;
- Start/pause/stop controls;
- Definition of rest and exercise time;
- Definition of the number of rounds;
- Definition of any number of exercises, with textual descriptions, that form a custom workout/training;
- Text-to-speech engine to read exercises' names to guide users throughout their workouts/trainings;
- Sound alerts: Resting; Exercising; Darth Vader breath stimulator; Workout completed;
- Languages supported: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian;
- No ads and no special access permissions required;
- Sound, speech and display sleeping mode configurable;
- Ability to export current workout (it can be imported in Wrkout Pro) [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Horizontal layout and Tablet support;
- Customizable sounds;
- Ability to disable the background gradient;
- No special permissions.
Unique features provided by Wrkout Pro in comparison to Wrkout HIIT:
- Definition of multiple workouts/trainings for quick selection;
- Free reordering of exercises in each workout/training;
- Definition of warm-up time and round rest time;
- Ability to import previous workouts (from Wrkout HIIT too) [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Ability to export full list of workouts to several places (to the cloud too) [WARNING: workouts cannot be imported from Google Drive on some versions of Android];
- Setting a loop count for individual exercises (to repeat them individually);
- Ability to individually set exercise and rest times per exercise;
- Countdown sounds (3, 2, 1)!
Main keywords: workout, fitness, training, hiit, tabata, timer.
* Fixed incorrect email contact subject;
Full changelog and credits: http://goo.gl/zAV5nK