XBMC Launcher is a helper app that allows you to set XBMC as your launcher without modifying the XBMC app. Should work with any version as long as the main activity name in the XBMC app remains the same.
Currently supported XBMC variants:
- XBMC (Official)
- MINIX XBMC
- Beyond XBMC
- OUYA XBMC
- Wasser XBMC
Requires: XBMC for Android (http://xbmc.org/download/) or one of the supported XBMC variants
Source code: https://github.com/blunden/XBMCLauncher
NOTE: Other apps can be launched from the Programs option on XBMC's main menu.
Version 1.0 mistakenly supported Android versions lower than XBMC does. For those who sent in bug reports anyway, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
- Add support for Wasser XBMC
- Select XBMC variant to start (XBMC, MINIX XBMC, Beyond XBMC or Plex)
- Manage Launcher defaults and uninstall/troubleshoot
- Fallback to new settings menu if XBMC variant not installed
- Make launcher shortcut open settings
- Remove the implicit touchscreen requirement
- Reset the default launcher preference if XBMC is not found.