★ Welcome! ★
XStream Viewer enables you to painlessly stream videos and movies stored on your PC to your Android device.
After you install the "XStream Media Server" on your PC, you will be able to browse your media folders and stream your files to your Android device over your WiFi connection.
★ Getting Started ★
Simply follow the instructions in the Help/Getting Started screen - which will guide you through how to install the server software (it's very quick and painless)
OR, if you prefer
1. From your Windows PC, download and install the XStream Media Server from http://xstream.meld.co.nz/ServerSetup.msi
2. Tell XStream Viewer the IP address of your PC (via the settings screen in the app).
★ Features ★
• Supports the following file types: .avi, .bup, .divx, .flv, .iso, .mp4, .mpg, .mpeg, .mpeg1, .mpeg2, .mpeg4, .mts, m1v, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .ogm, .ts, .vob, .3g2, .3gp, .wmv, .wtv. (Something missing? Let us know.)
• Browse all your drives and folders from your PC.
• Bookmark your favorite folders to get to them quicker
★ Things to Note ★
• If you have any problems or feature requests, please let us know via email.
• The XStream Media Server software needs to be installed to transcode and stream to your device.
• The XStream Media Server software is Windows only at ths time (A Linux version is a possibility if there's enough demand for it).
• There is only limited support for media with multiple Audio streams.
• Streaming is done over your local WiFi network.
If you have any problems with the update please email us.
For those upgrading, please uninstall and reinstall a fresh download of the server software (http://xstream.meld.co.nz/ServerSetup.msi)
* Uses device resolution for streaming i.e. highest quality for device
* Minor code changes