This app provides a simple solution for catering and hospitality professionals to calculate accurate cost prices for ingredients and recipes, taking into account raw wastage and cooking loss.
The user selects or inputs:
1. A currency (i.e. GBP)
2. RAW WASTAGE or COOKING LOSS
3. Ingredient or product name
4. Supplier purchase (cost) price of ingredient or product name
5. Gross weight/measure before preparation or cooking
6. Wastage weight/measure after preparation or cooking
7. Amount of raw or cooked ingredient used in a recipe
The app will calculate true costs associated with these food items, displaying the difference between the original supplier purchase price and the true cost of the food item after preparation or cooking. In this way, accurate prices for ingredients and recipes can be calculated.
For example: the app will calculate the true price of an alcoholic reduction; calculate the true cost of a 60g portion of prepared broccoli; or calculate the financial effect of cooking loss on pork belly when portioning the cooked food by weight.
Multi-functional, this app provides accurate prices in an instant for chefs on the go, featuring US, UK and Metric weights and measures. These are divided into 3 categories: Mass & Weight; Liquid Volume; Dry Volume. Notably, the user can convert between weights and measures within each category. On a very practical level, this app aids in developing sensible pricing strategies for caterers and hospitality professionals.
Company Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/CulinaryC
- Added Weights and Measures: Mass & Weight; Liquid Volume; and Dry Volume
- Updated weights and measures for both UK and US standard
- Automatic weight conversion