Can you beat your clever cat? Are you sure? Challenge your mischievous rascal to a round of FELIX® You vs. Your Clever Cat! Fling the playing pieces onto the field towards the goal at the top. If your clever cat catches the playing piece before it goes into the goal, he wins 10 points. If the piece goes into the goal, you win 10 points. Each game is played for the best of 50 total points. All points for Humans and Cats are added to the You vs. Your Clever Cat World-Wide Leaderboard.
* If you have a protective screen on your tablet, we recommend removing it for this game as your cat’s claws could scratch it.
FELIX® Tablet Gaming Tips for Humans:
You vs. Your Clever Cat is designed to give your cat a positive experience by teaching and encouraging them to enjoy the game.
• LET’S START WITH YOU: Begin by practicing flinging the pieces by yourself to get the hang of it first before inviting your cat to join in.
• NOW, IT’S YOUR CAT’S TURN: Take your cat into a quiet room where there are minimal distractions and low lighting so that the icons on the table are well illuminated.
• COMFORTABLE SEATING: Place your cat on a cat bed or comfortable mat. This will help keep your cat in place to play the game.
• NOW BACK TO YOU, HUMAN: Sitting next to your cat, touch the pieces and fling them across the tablet. Then pull your hand back to see if the movements on the screen catch your cat’s eye.
• TREATS ARE ALWAYS GOOD: You may want to have some FELIX® Goody Bag cat treats on hand as an added bonus for your rascal. If your cat hits the pieces, reward them. Make sure you adjust his main meal accordingly to avoid over-feeding!
• HEY, PLAY FAIR! Start pieces at a lower speed initially and as your clever cat becomes an expert gamer you can challenge him by picking up the pace.
When attempting to encourage your cat to play the game, do not force him to play if it is clear that he doesn’t want to. Coax him gently at all times.
• If you notice your cat becoming at all agitated by the game and he begins to scratch, bite or show any undesirable behavior, STOP the game – you can try to return to it again later when your cat might be more enthusiastic about playing.
• Do not attempt to play with a cat by waking him up or trying to play when he is agitated for any reason. Wait until your cat is in a playful mood or actively engages with you.
TIPS FOR ENCOURAGING YOUR CAT TO PLAY THE GAME CORRECTLY:
• If your cat moves to swipe at your hand instead of the game gently move the tablet away and say the command “Wait.”
• Move your hand back again to the starting position and before the cat has the chance to swipe at your hand, place a reward on the ground between his front two paws and say “Wait.” (Make sure his front paws are on the ground when your reward him.)
• Repeat these steps until you can touch the tablet without your cat swiping at your hand.
• Once your cat understands the basic “Wait” command you can then deliver the “OK” command. Say, “Wait,” touch the playing piece and then say the command “OK”, releasing your cat to touch the piece.