*** Great support for first-time users! Clear messages assisting you to enable geo-tagging photos ***
Have you ever wanted to see your photos on a map? Simple Photo Map allows you to do just that! It is a great alternative to regular photo galleries.
In Simple Photo Map every photograph is represented by a marker which is positioned on the map exactly where that photo was taken (if it was geo-tagged). When you tap on the marker, a thumbnail of the photo and the date it was taken on will be displayed. In order to see the original picture just tap again and it will be opened in your favourite photo application.
- See all (geo-tagged) photos from your device immediately on a map (no re-loading - results in smooth experience)
- Just browse the map normally (pan and zoom) and see where you have taken your photos
- Tap on the marker to see the thumbnail
- Take a photo, start Simple Photo Map and you'll see it immediately on the map (remember to switch geo-tagging on first!)
- You can change thumbnail size
- Works great on all screen sizes, in both portrait and landscape modes!
- Very quick and stable
No more tedious scrolling through all of the photos in the gallery just to find a couple from that trip last year! :)
-- Instructions --
- Tap on the small camera icon in order to see a photo's thumbnail
- In order to close the thumbnail preview either tap the "X" icon or press the back button on your device.
- Tap on the screen in order to hide the bottom bar. Tap again to show it
- You can adjust the thumbnail size in the menu. Small thumbnails are preferable for devices with small screens but try out both options and choose the one that suits you best!
-- Important --
Remember that a photo can only be shown on the map if it has been geo-tagged! Here's how to do it:
- Enable geo-tagging photos in your camera application settings
- Go to Android Settings -> Location and enable "location service" or "use wireless networks". You can also enable GPS satellites for higher accuracy
- In order to see how many photos have been placed on the map and how many are missing the necessary location data, go to Menu -> Photo Info in the Simple Photo Map
11/04/2013 (v. 1.4.0)
- Enjoy ad-free map view! The banner ads have now been removed.
- Polish support
- A status bar has been added at the bottom of the map. It shows how many photos are marked in the current region (updates as you explore the map). Tap on the map in order to hide it, tap again to show it!
- Take photos without leaving this app! (menu -> take photo)
- Clearer messages and guidance if there are no photos or no geo-tagged photos on your device
- More features coming soon!