The YouView App provides a television guide with over 70 digital TV and radio listings for the next seven days with full programme information details. It also allows YouView customers to record their favourite television programmes onto their YouView+ set-top box, while on the move.
• TV GUIDE: 7 day television programme guide
• NOW AND NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• SEARCH: Search for TV and Radio channels, as well as programmes on TV over the next seven days.
• TV CATEGORIES: Browse TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Information on TV and radio shows, including links to related programmes
• REMOTE RECORD: Set your YouView+ box to record your favourite TV shows or series while out and about
• BOOKINGS LIST: Check the status of your remote record requests
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect up to 5 devices with your YouView+ box so you and your family can use the YouView remote record service
Mobile Devices: The YouView App for Android can be downloaded on most Android 2.3+ devices and has been optimised for the following smartphones:
Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 7 (2012), Samsung Galaxy S2, and Samsung Galaxy Ace
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ set-top boxes with recording capabilities, available subscription free from retailers or offered as part of a subscription from BT and TalkTalk.
Connecting the app to your YouView set-top box:
You will need to connect the app with your YouView+ box (or someone else’s YouView box, as long as you have their permission) to use the remote record service. To do this, go to Settings > Device Management > Mobile Devices on your YouView+ box and follow the instructions.
You will be presented with a unique code that is valid for 2 minutes which you will need to enter into the YouView App.
Once the app is connected successfully, you will then be able to view the TV Guide and set recordings on your YouView+ box.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://www.youview.com/terms-conditions/mobileapp/. Please read these before using the app.
For more information visit: youview.com/mobileapp
This update to the YouView app includes:
• A new TV Categories section which allows you to browse TV and radio programmes by genre
• A fix which makes scrolling through the TV guide smoother for some devices