*** Planning to go bird watching in the Guianas? Then this is the app for you. This app fills a gap in the region and is the only serious bird app available for the Guianas, covering the countries Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana! The app contains 3,100 illustrations in total, covering subspecies, maps and more than 2,000 bird songs and calls. It is based on the renowned reference work of the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America" by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images. ***
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. The apps stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once or a few times in a region. Also the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
No other bird app for this region offers the following:
- Includes all 871 Colombian bird species including all vagrants
- 3,100 illustrations from the Helm Guide Series "Birds of Northern South America"
- Covers all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variations
- 2,000 bird songs and calls
- Most advanced compare mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- Spectrograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Introduction contains hints and links on bird watching in the Guianas
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Create sighting lists on a map via GPS and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple identification key narrows species down
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomic
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Latin
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
"All Birds Guianas" is very well suited for keeping personalised bird watch lists.
Available for Android smartphones as well as tablet computers.
The app will continuously be developed further. Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: [email protected]
Also visit our internet site www.sunbird.tv for more products.
The only bird guid for the Guyanas on the market!