This bilingual, mobile field guide for the West Indies includes all 415 bird species of Puerto Rico and the northeastern Lesser Antilles: Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Saint Martin (Sint Maarten), Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat, Sint Eustatius, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Barthélemy (St. Barts), and Saba.
It covers common bird species but also all migrants, vagrants, and established introduced species. This bilingual (English and Spanish) app provides at your fingertips a mini-encyclopedia with extensive text as well as visual and audio resources.
Each species is represented by an individual species account featuring a total of 2,570 superb images that depict distinct plumages including variations and subspecies, plus distribution maps and bird sounds.
The app updates and expands on the groundbreaking book and app “Puerto Rico’s Birds in Photographs: an Illustrated Guide including the Virgin Islands” by Professor Mark Oberle.
• Includes all 415 bird species of Puerto Rico and the northeastern Lesser Antilles
• 2,570 images show subspecies + geographic, age and sex variants
• 455 recordings of bird songs and calls plus dynamic spectrograms of all songs and calls
• Detailed distribution maps of Puerto Rican breeding species
• Species accounts enriched with references for further study
• Select species lists for any combination of 10 islands: Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Saint Martin, Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat, Sint Eustatius, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Barthélemy and Saba
• Improve handling by including or excluding accidentals, or display endemics only
• Sort and display species in three modes: alphabetical, gallery, and taxonomic listing views
• Create personal sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
• Automatically pinpoint location of all bird sightings via GPS (editable)
• Make notes for each bird spotted
• Text is bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Bird names displayed in 5 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Latin (scientific)
• A simple identification key makes species identification easy
• Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app: compare up to 8 species’ images and songs
• Narrow species down by characteristics, e.g., size, plumage, bill shape, tail length, etc., leading to the bird searched for, plus a choice of similar species
• You can also search for fragments of a species name, e.g., the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering ***
=> Once it is downloaded, no internet connection is needed – just download the app and start birding! The app will be continually updated. All updates are free of charge.
With over a million downloads and over 100 apps published to date, Sunbird Images has become the true market leader in mobile field guides. SUNBIRD apps have been featured over 300 times by Apple in different countries, and appeared in many magazines and newspapers such as the Times of London and the Telegraph.
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series offers top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They are known for completeness including even very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once in a region. Even rare species are illustrated and described with a species account.
Visit our internet support site for more information www.sunbird.tv. We are happy if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us with questions, suggestions or comments at: [email protected]
Small bug fixes