BackWay is a little utility app that helps you navigate to a location you've saved earlier. It uses your phone's location and requires no internet connection, which makes it useful for travelling-with-no-roaming scenarios. In case you do have an internet connection, you can always launch your route in Google Maps directly from BackWay.
BackWay requires you to enable high accuracy location. It utilizes Google's Fused Location Provider API to acquire a location fix as quickly as possible. When that is achieved using network connection (and not GPS, which is usually slower to lock), BackWay will work even indoors, but with lower location accuracy, as it is expected with locations acquired using network connections.
BackWay is free to use, with no ads or IAP. If you have any suggestions or complaints contact us at [email protected]
A complete rewrite of the application. This update brings the following:
- A completely new and modern UI
- New algorithm for arrow movement. The app is no longer dependent on the deprecated orientation sensor API
- Custom camera implementation to avoid bugs related to some manufacturers
- Ability to import photos from your phone
- Crop/Resize images
- Tap and hold or drag marker to import locations from the map (needs internet connection)
- Search Tags in your list
- Fixes and optimizations