Support can be reached at [email protected]
Responses will be provided within 48 hours.
Leaving negative reviews without contacting support is actively harmful to others experiencing issues with gambling addiction. As of 19/02/2020 BetBlocker has been downloaded over 10k times. We have 3.8k people (+approx 10/day) actively using the app. Of the 198 reviews we have received, 70 of them are 1 star. Almost without exception those reviews relate to technical issues with the users handset/network that could be resolved by either contacting support, or are only resolveable by contact their network provider. The majority of these users never contacted support even after we responded to them.
The small proportion of our users who choose to use Play Store reviews to vent have a disproportionately negative impact on BetBlocker's store rating when considered against the THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE USING THE APP WITHOUT ISSUE. Using Play Store reviews in this manner discourages other people experiencing gambling addiction from seeking help. We're happy to receive negative reviews where appropriate, but leaving negative reviews before or instead of contacting support hurts other users. Please ensure you have actually tried to contact support before posting reviews.
BetBlocker is a free tool to help you control your gambling. Install it on as many devices as you like and you can block yourself from accessing over 5700 gambling websites. You can select how long you want to be blocked for.
- All users should be aware that once activated the app CANNOT be removed until your exclusion period has been concluded. For testing purposes we would recommend that all users trial BetBlocker in 'Parental Control' mode where it can be disarmed via your chosen password to ensure it does what you need it to do before you activate a 'Gambling Self-Restriction' that locks the device for the selected duration.
- If you experience a technical issue please contact support either through the app, via the contact us form on our site or by emailing [email protected]
Remember to include your email address or we will not be able to respond to you.
- Users should be aware that our support sevice will NOT help you remove the app. If there is a technical issue we will look to provide a fix for this issue. We will NOT remove the block while our Development Team works on the issue.
- If you find a url that has not been restricted that should be restricted please use the in app 'Suggest a website to block' feature or contact us on [email protected]
When we add a site to the restricted list it will take 24 hours to reflect at the user's end and you will need to restart your device.
Please keep in mind when contacting support that BetBlocker is a charity staffed by volunteers.
Users should also be aware that we will not disarm the app because "someone else installed this on my device" or because you tell us you are "selling my device". We have no reliable method of proving either of these claims and we have to prioritise minimising the risk of exposing a potentially vulnerable individual to gambling again.
While we understand it can be frustrating waiting for a technical issue to be resolved or where we refuse to disarm the app at your request, many of our users have significant addictive tendencies connected with gambling. Where you activate a Gambling Self-Restriction you are making a statement that you do not want to be allowed the choice to remove this restriction before the selected restriction period has concluded. You agree to this in our terms of service.
We will only ever disarm the app as a last possible resort, where we have fully researched your issue and concluded that we will not be able to offer a fix.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. Activating this admin app will allow to BetBlocker to perform to following operations:
1. Activate this device admin app
3. Uninstall app
Improve app speed(services)