Brine! - The Brining Calculator
Finally an easy way to calculate your brining recipe.
Do you brine your meat, poultry, fish and seafood?
You should! Brining makes your meal juicier, tender and more flavourful!
Brining will improve your perfect thanksgiving turkey just as easily as your BBQ meat.
Are you unsure how exactly you should brine your produce?
Or deterred by complicated percentages and procedures?
Then you need this app!
Recipes, background knowledge and calculators: "Brine!" includes everything you need to master your brining game!
Equilibrium brining, wet gradient brining or dry brining, it's all in the app so that you can use your favourite technique.
• CUSTOM RECIPES for Fish fillet, shrimps, chicken, duck and turkey as well as pork and beef. Your favourite meat isn't listed? No worries: You can easily adapt an existing recipe!
• CALCULATORS EVERYWHERE: Your thanksgiving turkey is heavier than in the recipe? Somebody invited the neighbours to your BBQ? When it comes to brining, these things make a huge difference! We include calculators everywhere so you don't have to worry about it.
• YOU'RE THE EXPERT? Use the custom calculator to use your own preferred final salt concentrations in your food.
• BACKGROUND KNOW-HOW: What brining process should I use for what meat? What final salt concentration? How much salt should I use, and should I add sugar or curing salt? These and more questions about processes and principles are answered and bring you up to speed quickly.
• BRINING TECHNIQUES: Equilibrium brining, wet gradient bringing and dry brining are the three important techniques in brining. Which one is best? It depends! Because each process has ist own advantages, we let you decide. Switch between techniques easily!
WHY BRINE BEFORE COOKING?
When brining, salt (and sometimes sugar and curing salt) penetrates into the meat before cooking. This has multiple desired effects:
• JUICIER PRODUCE: Brining before cooking makes meat, poultry, fish and seafood juicier. Even after cooking is finished, the brined food will retain more moisture.
• FLAVOUR: The brining mixture slowly enters the produce through osmosis. During the cooking process, it becomes evenly distributed throughout the produce and enhances ist taste!
• SURFACE TEXTURE: You're aiming for a beautifully brown and flavourful bark? Brining, especially dry brining, will help you! Through the high salt concentration, the outer protein layer partially brakes down, encouraging a quicker Maillard reaction. Wonderful flavours and a bite to match!
All the brining knowledge you need - summarized in one compact app with custom calculators.
DOWNLOAD "Brine!" NOW!
App content in English only.
We are always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
This release of Brine! improves text field input and stepper list scrolling for a better user experience. Enjoy brining!