With the BusBahnBim App you will always find the best route in all of Austria: whether by public transport, on foot, by bike or by car. Based on the Traffic Information Austria (VAO), the multimodal app is working multimodally – you can also combine with functions like Bike & Ride, Park & Ride and Car Train.
BusBahnBim works simply by address input and always uses the most up-to-date data. For example, the current traffic situation can also be included, including construction sites, congestion, delays, diversions, etc. Also stop-call names are no longer necessary for the query, by activating the GPS-positioning, the current location can be used as the starting point. Optionally, the desired destination address, a street name or point of interest can be used.
The BusBahnBim App allows quick, uncomplicated information, a realistic comparison of the time involvement of different modalities, clear maps and charts to the orientation offer and fascinate with a modern design. A favorite choice, dispatch of the connection and info via e-mail or SMS, storage of the departure times and arrival times in the calendar are other useful features.
Overview of the functions of the BusBahnBim App:
· Stop search via GPS
· Journey proposals incl. time involvement
· Connecting dispatch via e-mail or SMS
· Memory possibility with reminiscent function in the calendar
· Clear map representation by high-resolution map
· Define your own favorites
· Intermodal comparison between public transportation, foot / bicycle routes and motocar routes and the time involvement
· Monitor announcement for an elective stop
Description of permissions:
Allows the user to take a photo for a personal take-me-there favorite in the trip planner.
Enables that the usage of contacts/addresses from the users phone book for searching (e.g. input of start or destination in the trip planner or searching via map view).
Network-based locating or locating via GPS enables routing to or from the current position.
· Have full network access:
Is necessary for internet access of the app.
· Install shortcuts:
Enables the user so save shortcuts on the home screen of the device.
· View network connections:
Allows the app to check the status of the internet connection (access yes/no, type of connection (wifi, mobile data etc.)).
- The app now remembers which means of transport you have calculated last and shows you this result in the first place.
- We have improved the presentation of push bike information - you now recognize them by the dotted line.
- With Citybike and Nextbike, we have also integrated the first bike-sharing offers in combination with public transport.
In addition, we have fixed small bugs that you hopefully did not notice.