Car Tax Check is the easiest way to avoid missing your Road Tax and MOT expiry date for all of your vehicles.
Just enter any UK vehicle registration for a Free Car Check.
A free car check includes your cars road tax expiry date, mot renewal date and there's even space to enter your insurance renewal date. You'll also be able to check if your vehicle has a SORN declared.
We'll automatically remind you when your renewal dates are approaching. You'll get a notification 30 days, 7 days and 1 day before your cars expiry dates.
What do I need to add a vehicle to Car Tax Check?
• Just enter your vehicle registration number.
We'll fetch your expiry dates automatically.
What's included in a free Car Tax Check report?
• Check if a vehicle has a valid MOT
• Check if a vehicle has valid road tax
• Check if a vehicle has been declared SORN
• See when a vehicles road tax expires
• See when a vehicle MOT expires.
You'll see a warning icon next to any vehicle with tax or MOT expiring in the next 30 days, making it easy to spot any vehicles needing action at a glance.
Looking to buy a used car?
If you've completed a free car check and you're looking to buy, buy one of our Vehicle History Reports and protect yourself from purchasing a car with a hidden history. Our history reports include everything you need to feel confident in your purchase.
Silver Vehicle History Report (£4.99/each):
• Written Off
• Stolen (Insurance)
• Stolen (Police)
• Previous Number Plates
• Colour changes
• Previous keeper information
• VIN number (last 2 digits)
• Engine number
Gold Vehicle History Report (£9.99/each):
Our Gold History Report includes all of the data in our Silver History Report, in addition to any outstanding finance agreements on the vehicle.
• Outstanding finance check
• All silver check data
A sample report is available before purchasing to see what's included. Vehicle data checks are powered by Total Car Check Ltd and Adg Ltd. Outstanding Finance Check is powered by Experian. Terms and Conditions apply.
Visit: https://cartaxcheck.co.uk/ for more information and online vehicle enquiry service. Get a free car check on our website to access more information including:
• Vehicle tax status
• Road tax expiry date
• MOT status
• MOT expiry date
• SORN marker
• MOT History
• Engine Size (cc)
• Vehicle Type (Car / Motorcycle / HGV etc.)
• The vehicles tax band (VED)
• Emissions (g/Km)
• Road tax costs per 6 and 12 months (where applicable)
• The date of vehicle registration
Free MOT history check
View a full report of all MOT tests completed by the vehicle. Spot any previous mechanical issues and unfixed problems.
Our free report includes:
• Full details of all previous MOT tests
• The date of MOT test completion
• Odometer reading (mileage)
• Test result (Pass/Fail)
• A full list of all advisories issued during the test.
• A full list of any reasons the MOT test certificate was refused.
Vehicle data comes from the DVLA and can take up to 5 days to update. If you have taxed, made a SORN or put a vehicle through an MOT, it may take some time to see the updated information.
If you're still seeing incorrect dates, you can get in touch with us on [email protected]
Please include the vehicle registration, tax expiry date and MOT expiry date you are currently seeing.
In this update:
- Performance improvements and faster loading times.
- Crash fixes
- We've also included other bug fixes and minor improvements.