About Color Blind Check (CBC)With Color Blind Check you get a new kind of color vision deficiency test right in your hands. The test itself is simple and easy: just find the differently colored spots which start to show up and touch them. That's all.
This color blindness test can be installed and used right away. As it is easy to understand, simple to use and you don't need to recognize any numbers, letters or forms, Color Blind Check can be done by young children as well. It is even fun to play! You can try to beat your highest CBC Score whenever you like and compare your results with your friends and family.
With Color Blind Check you get a tool at hand to share with everyone insights about your color vision or possible color blindness. People can watch you while you're taking the test and see instantly what it means to be colorblind. They start to wonder, why you don't see the differently colored spots appearing and maybe even want to give you hand!How CBC works
Color Blind Check is based on the scientific knowledge about colors which can be seen and which not by the people who are suffering from the different types of color blindness. To get more precise results, the test is based on four different main colors and as even colorblind people are quite good in spotting brightness differences, Color Blind Check is shifting brightness constantly.Compared to other well known tests with Color Blind Check it is NOT possible to learn something by heart and get better while retesting.Warning:
This app is not recommended for persons with epilepsy as the screen is constantly changing colors during the test procedure.What CBC measuresCBC Score:
An overall score of the test; easy to compare with others.Duration:
Elapsed time for taking the test.Severity:
A severity score between 0 (not colorblind) and 100 (strong color vision deficiency).PDT Score (Type):
A specific score (protan-deutan-tritan) showing the type.Check Statistics:
Detailed performance statistics of the check.Color Blind Check Features
• Testing color vision deficiency in two to four minutes.
• Quick CBC for testing color blindness in 30 to 60 seconds.
• Simple to handle, no special instructions needed.
• Pause, restart whenever needed during testing.
• Cancel/stop during running test.
• Measuring type and severity of color vision deficiency.
• Statistics of how many tests have been taken.
• Direct link to most recent Color Blind Check result.
• Direct link to highest Color Blind Check score.
• Left-hand mode for easy testing.
• Testing in portrait or landscape mode possible.
If you would like to learn more about color blindness please visit http://www.color-blindness.com/. For further details to Color Blind Check you can always visit http://www.colorblindcheck.com/ and even leave a message or give some feedback if you like.Thanks for trying Color Blind Check.
- Maximal brightness during testing.
- Disabled sleep mode during testing.
- Adding German translation.
- Additional information screen on first startup.
- Code cleanup and minor bug fixing.
- Bug fixes for black test screen and initial startup problems.
- Introducing Material Design for Android 5.
This is the first official release of Color Blind Check. Please send any feedback and bug reports to [email protected]