YKey keyboard solution
Hardware HID devices, connected to mobile phones or tablets, automatically switch off devices keyboard view.
Without on screen keyboard (OSK) basic functionalities such as, entering data and text implementation are, prevented from user.
YKey keyboard is a simple solution to activate the OSK, whenever HID devices connected to a mobile phones or tablets.
Simply download and enable YKey keyboard from Google Play and you can continue use on screen keyboard.
YKey keyboard advantages:
• Transparent to user (same visual keyboard)
• Easy to install
• No Android root required
• One time simple configuration
• Not affected by external device connectivity
• Easy and simple customization for specific applications and devices
• Capability to route external device data to registered application.
YKey keyboard characteristics
YKey keyboard supports hardware devices that designed as keyboard input, via USB or Bluetooth interface protocol, for example:
• Barcode Scanners
• Credit card readers
• Medical devices
• Custom HID based devices
• External mobile accessories such as metrology devices, temperature sensors.
• Generic mobile devices or loggers such as counters, sports sensors
YKey keyboard functionalities
• Supported input sources: Enhanced Android keyboard functionality; Any USB or Bluetooth HID (Human Interface Device) accessories supported.
• Data Control: Captures and forwards the external input data to specific apps or customer apps
• On screen keyboard: Visible - regardless keyboard accessories connected or not (On the contrary to Android behavior). On screen keyboard functionality aligned with generic Android keyboard. YKey keyboard does not influenced by external accessory present.
• Dictionary prediction for android supported languages: YKey keyboard uses Android build-in dictionary to predict the type words and provide alternatives.
• Voice Narration: Dictate the word as you type them, YKey keyboard allows dictating the sentence in the current visible language instead of typing it.
• Quick language switch key: Support language change on key click.
• Vibrate or sound on click: End user to configure sound or vibration on key click.
• Pop up on key click: End user to configure key label popup on key click.
• Languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew. (If required additional languages can be added)
• Android version: Android 3.2 or higher
• Licensing: Available as full functional free demo version in Google Play (...). YKey keyboard also supports business-licensing option (Contact: [email protected]
for more information).
YKey keyboard licensing options
YKey keyboard is available in Google Play as free demo for 14 days or as paid full version (link).
For users with volume license requirements (also known as bulk license) or without access to Google Play, UPlicali offers a special YKey keyboard version. This version can be activated with simple registration and activation process (internet access is required).
The volume license is unique cloud licensing and protection option based on MVLL* solution.
MVLL* is deployable for other application as well.
For more information contact: [email protected]
*MVLL: Mobile Volume Licensing Library
Update for new Android devices (Oreo)