The Dreamworld has been infected! It is up to you to explore the Dreamworld as the DreamDasher, discover its secrets, and defeat the Nightmare.
For Wall Jump and Dash Tutorial see first 2 minutes of this tutorial/walkthrough YouTube video:
The game does provides touchscreen and keyboard controls, but the best experience is to play with a controller hooked up to your device.
For touchscreen, press anywhere on left side of screen to show the touch movement joystick. To Dash, you must point the joystick in the direction you want to dash and press the dash button.
- Single player, free, no-ads game. No in-app purchases.
- This is a Short Story adventure that typically takes between 1-2 hours to complete.
- Parkour Platformer with precise and simple controls: jump, air-dash, wall-slide, and invert-gravity.
- Dashing is key for the DreamDasher. You can also fly through the air and overcome obstacles as you control gravity.
- Instantaneous nearby respawning.
- Supports a wide range of difficulty levels (Easy to Nightmare Mode), and additional -Difficulty Modifiers for adjusting the difficulty settings of the game further.
- Frequent autosaving to load where you left off.
We love modern platforms and really wanted to create a short story platformer building on some ideas we had as well as what we liked from our favorite platformers over the past handful of years. For details on how and what prior platformer games influenced DreamDasher, please see our website www.c3bgames.com. We hope to have created a challenging short story platformer that some folks will enjoy. We set down this journey to have a learning experience of programming and building a game, publishing it, and improving it based on player feedback while providing the game completely free.
For any feedback, please send email to [email protected]
- Touch Controls - After you have loaded a game, press the ESC button in the upper right to go to the in-game menu. Then go to the Settings Menu and then go to the Touch Control Settings. There you can change these settings for the touch controls.
- Pressing the same key/button as you use for Jump advances you through the Dialog
- The longer you hold the jump key/button the higher DreamDasher will jump
- To reach the highest heights, first jump and then dash when in the air. Dash allows DreamDasher to reach additional heights when performed after you've Jumped into the air
Wall Jump DreamDasher to go up a passage way. This consists of pressing the jump key/button when you are on the wall and at the same time pressing the joystick/key in the opposite direction of the wall you are jumping off of.
- DashAttack and Gravity can only be performed once between touching the ground. There are indicators showing if DreamDasher has its DashAttack and/or Gravity available. If DashAttack is available you will see an Orange glow around DreamDasher. If Gravity change is available, you will see Orange vapors coming out of the top of DreamDasher. These will disappear when you've consumed your DashAttack and/or Gravity change while in the air until you touch the ground again.
- Dash is your attack when needed
- Adjust difficulty level or turn on Difficulty Modifiers if you need help progressing through story
- Particles - Turns on/off the background particle effects. If you are noticing lag (lower FPS) try turning particles off.
- Towards the end of the game Nightmare has two types of laser attacks. The first is a sweeping laser, and you can Dash through the sweeping laser unharmed. The second is a tracking laser that tracks DreamDashers movement, and it charges over a couple of seconds and then fires. The tracking laser can be avoided by hiding behind objects when it is about to fire.
- When trying to find all of the Crystals, look for secret passage ways (they will look different) when in the Blue level/rooms.
Improved how high you can wall jump.
Improved some levels for mobile.
Added the ability to modify the touch controls. You can now change the location of the Joystick, Lock the Joystick in place, and change the size of the Joystick and Buttons.
After you have loaded a game, press the ESC button in the upper right to go to the in-game menu. Then go to the Settings Menu and then go to the Touch Control Settings. There you can change these settings for the touch controls.