Why is it that many video courses, guitar lessons, guitarists, apps and tutorials explain the concept of modes for guitar over and over again? Because they are very useful of course, but somewhat fail as one usually ends up with fretboard diagrams filled with dots and patterns and it all seems like a big intellectual challenge to memorize all positions at once, all keys, all strings… so many different combinations, and how to make them sound musical and flow through them without sounding like a robot is going up and down a scale?
We believe the solution is learning through intuition and repetition with carefully designed objective oriented practice routines. Time is important, so optimizing your practice time is essential to make progress and stop wasting your time.
Our approach to learning the modes of the major scale for guitar is simple and effective, just play along a practice routine for 10 minutes a day and the whole fretboard will start to open up for you. The routines cover all seven modes of the major scale parallel to each other in the key of C. We are approaching guitar fretboard visualization in 3-string shapes that cover only one octave, which makes them easy to manipulate, instead of large 6-string shapes, CAGED, 3 notes per string or other conventional shapes. This process will allow you to always keep in mind the intervallic relationship of the note you're playing against the root. Basic modal theory is included and we focus on the 7 modes of the major scale: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian.
- New effortless approach to learning music theory and skills
- Flow through the 7 Modes of the Major Scale (this version has 2 free)
- 21 well designed guitar practice routines for daily practice (this version has 6 free)
- 14 Backing tracks/modal loops with advanced audio pitch-shifting, tempo variations, and an equalizer (this version has 7 free BTs)
- Fully featured tab section with zoom, fast scrolling, loops, tempo and tonality change - Modal Music Theory
- Built-in Metronome
We think that in today's digital world privacy is of the utmost importance. You can read the complete policy here: www.amparosoft.com/privacy
NOTE: If you run into any issues, have questions or suggestions, please email us to [email protected]
All content is property of AmparoSoft
All music is composed and played by Otto Reina
- Minor bug fixes
- Added link to Instagram account