A mobile platform designed to help Africans & everyone who loves the continent and the people see and experience all things African close to them here in New York City. Kilimanjaro will show you food, clothing, events, and general items around you.
By downloading the preview version you will gain early access to the app and be one of the first to experience it.
Please be mindful that this is a work in progress and still needs improvements. Therefore we will look to you to give us vital feedback on your experience of this version of the app as we add new features and make improvements.
Thanks in advance, and please reach us via email here: [email protected]
A little more:
So here’s a short version of our reason behind why we created the Kilimanjaro app.
It’s all based on a very simple question our founder asked himself one day:
"As an African---born and raised---what if there was a way for me to see what’s happening within African circles around me —and not just things happening but be able to locate resources that are useful to me wherever I am in the United States?"
He didn’t find anything — a product — to solve this problem, and that’s how Kilimanjaro, the app, was born. He decided to build it himself.
Kilimanjaro is a platform to help you see African things — food, clothing, events, meetups, conferences, services, and others — around you, all in one place.
Currently, we are getting ready to launch in 2 cities — the City of Austin, Texas and New York City. Yet if you’d like to see this in your city, please feel to email us with a short paragraph that tells us why you think this will make a difference for your community. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Email us at [email protected]
1. Use Kilimanjaro to order most African foods in your local community, and pick it up.
2. Use Kilimanjaro to find a uniquely African fashion designer, dressmaker, or t-shirt guy and order one for yourself, a friend, or for an upcoming event---and each t-shirt sold gives 1 free meal to a needy child in Africa.
3. Wondering what’s going on — weddings, meetups, conferences, celebrations, and more — within African circles around you? Kilimanjaro will show you a good number of them and help you decide if you are going or not. Or, simply contact the organizer and show verbal support.
4. Looking for uniquely African services — catering, dressmakers, shipping services to send your stuff back home, etc . Check Kilimanjaro.
For vendors & service providers:
1. We know you have a special gift for making clothes that are uniquely African, but often you have trouble finding an African market to show it to. We have you covered. Email us here — [email protected]
— through the app and apply to be featured in the app in your local community.
2. Yes, our moms have passed on the skill for making great local foods to you, or you are naturally skilled, and you now live in the States — you either have a shop, or you make your foods from home to sell to friends. Email us to see discuss how you can get listed so you can delight a lot more of us with the great foods we know and love.
3. Got an event uniquely designed for your people or people who have a connection to the continent, and you want folks around you to see it? Send us the info — [email protected]
— and we’ll discuss how to make it happen.
4. Your company specializes in servicing uniquely African needs — shipping, catering, healthcare, job-training, or even tutoring? Contact us to share that with a greater number of people in your local community.
Who it's for?
An application for fellow Africans, folks who love Africa, foreign people who have worked or traveled to Africa, and anyone with a desire to simply check out the great continent.
Contact info: [email protected]
This build allows users to create and list events directly into the app